Anindita Roy, a self-taught freelance photographer from Dhaka, Bangladesh. She has completed her education in Fine Arts – major in Graphic Design, from the University of Dhaka.
Anindita’s photographic career started in 2016. Photography is more than a passion to her. She captures photographs to visualize a story which gets a final touch through the camera. She loves to convey a message or a specific feeling to the viewer through her photography. While roaming around the rural area, she captures ordinary real life moment and loves to bring a strong emotion to life in the imagery.
Though Anindita likes to take all kinds of photographs, making a story using documentary type photographs satisfy her the most. At the same time, she is getting herself confident to capture some wonderful portraits. Her first such story telling portrait titled “Out of Hardship” is the story of three village women who are usually very busy dealing with hardship in their daily life but still, they are happy and enjoy their leisure time.
To apply academic knowledge and training to real-world scenario, Anindita is pursuing a Documentary Photography Mentorship program from the Open School of Photography. In her short journey with photography, she does not have an institutional education on photography. “Learn Through Capture” is Anindita’s view and still she is learning through capturing more and more photographs whenever she can.
Award & Achievement:
1. Finalist SIENA INTERNATIONAL AWARDS-2021.
2. Finalist in World Eco Photo competition-2020 (category: Pain of planet Earth) ,Russia
3.Finalist of the 16th Annual Smithsonian.com Photo Contest (Category : Travel)
4. FIAP HM in “1st. SPS International Photography Competition & Exhibition 2019”, Category- Open Color.
5. Two Honorable Mention Awards in “International Photography Awards (IPA)”-2018, USA.
6. GOLD Prize winner in “Tokyo International Foto Awards (TIFA)-2018” in People-Family category, JAPAN.
7. FIAP GOLD in “Bangladesh International Salon (BIS) -2018”, Category- Open Color.
8. Winner in Documentary & Reportage (Single) and Two Honorable Mention Awards in the categories of “Women Seen By Women” & “Street Photography “ in 12 Julia Margaret Cameron Award , Barcelona, Spain(2018) .
9. Two Honorable Mention Awards in “International Photography Awards (IPA)”-2018, USA.
10. Several times Finalist in HIPA competition & Photo published in HIPA Book 2019-20,UAE.
11. “Excellence Award” in “Silk Road in the Eyes of Photographers in the World” -2018, China.
12. One Silver Medal and 3 Honorable Mentions 2018 in EYEWIN AWARDS, India.
13. Best Portrait in “2nd International Photography Exhibition”-2017 of Photography Club of India.
14. Two “Highly Commended 2018 “Awards in “Travel Photography Competition” of “The Society of International Travel & Tourism Photographers (SITTP)”.
15. 2ndWinner IN“PORTRAITURE” competition of “The Photographic Angel(TPA)” , UK
16. 2nd place in the PhotoAmor Contest-2018
National / Bangladesh:
- Honorable Mention in Different Images of Men -2020 by Action Aid Bangladesh
- Honorable Mention in “Alor Oikyotan”, 2nd exhibition by “Image Ghor Photogrphic Society (IGPS) ”-2019.
3. 2nd Prize in “Khulna Photographic Society (KPS) 6th National Photographic Competition & Exhibition 2018”, Bangladesh.
4. Grand 1st Prize in “Art of Light 2nd National Photography Exhibition & competition 2019” by Sylhet Agricultural University Photographic Society (SAUPS).
5. 2nd Runner-Up in International Flower Photography Competition and Conference 2018 by USAID and DCCI Bangladesh.
6. Grand Winner in the Photography Competition “Celebrating Life through Diversity” as the part of “Bangladesh Peach & Harmony Week 2018 (BPHW 2018)” Organized by UNDP & GEN Lab Bangladesh.
7. Grand 1st Prize Winner at CUETPS International Photography Exhibition 2018 ”Catch the Light: Season-02″-2018.
8. 3rd winner (category Fashion & Portrait) in WPPB International Conference and Competition Dhaka 2018.
9. 2nd winner, One Honorable Mention & 2 fortnightly Contest top ten awards in the “Photo Contest & Exhibition :Words of Light-II” (2018)arranged by 71pix.com , Bangladesh
10. 2nd winner in Female Photography Competition& Exhibition 2018, Bangladesh.
11. Grand winner, Best Woman Photographer in “Foto Vista National Photo Contest (Season 01)” -2018, Bangladesh.
12. Best Portrait in “Khulna Photographic Society(KPS) 5th National Photographic Competition & Exhibition 2017”, Bangladesh
13. 3rd Prize in “Khulna Photographic Society (KPS) 4th National Photographic Competition & Exhibition 2016”, Bangladesh.
14. 1st Winner in the “Photo Contest & Exhibition-2017” organized by “Chandpur Photography Society”, Bangladesh
15. “Honorable Mention (Open Color)-1st” at Master Peace Photo Contest & Exhibition 2017, Bangladesh.
16. 3rd winner in “The Freedom of Joy”- 4th International Photography Competition and Exhibition arranged by Bangladeshi Photographers Group-2017, Bangladesh.
17. Best Portrait in National Competition-2017 arranged by Barishal Photographic Society, Bangladesh.
18. Best portrait (2016) arrange by the group “Photography is my Hobby”, Bangladesh